Rep. Mark Pless Receives 2023 Committee Assignments, Including a Chairmanship

Unread post by Forum Member »

North Carolina General Assembly
Representative Mark Pless
FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE
January 17, 2023
919-733-5732
Rep. Mark Pless Receives 2023 Committee Assignments, Including a Chairmanship
RALEIGH, N.C. – On Tuesday, January 17th, 2023, Representative Mark Pless (R – Haywood) received his committee assignments for the 2023-2024 legislative biennium. Speaker of the House Tim Moore appointed Rep. Pless to serve on the following committees:
• House Committee on Disaster Recovery and Homeland Security, Chair
• House Committee on Federal Relations and American Indian Affairs, Vice Chair
• House Committee on Appropriations, Member
• House Appropriations Committee on Health and Human Services, Member
• House Committee on Wildlife Resources, Member
• House Committee on Transportation, Member
“I am beyond thrilled the people of Haywood and Madison Counties have trusted me to represent them for another term,” stated Rep. Pless. “Serving on these committees will allow me to better advocate for the constituents of House District 118, and I am especially honored to have been chosen as a Chair for the Disaster Recovery Committee. The flooding from Tropical Storm Fred in 2021 highlighted disaster preparation and recovery needs specific to Western North Carolina. I look forward to working with my colleagues and advancing legislation that benefits all North Carolinians.”
Rep. Pless also had a change in his House Chamber seat assignment, moving up to seat number 77. The 2023-2024 biennium will be his second term representing House District 118.
###
NORTH CAROLINA GENERAL ASSEMBLY
Legislative Office Building | 300 N. Salisbury St. Room 306A1 | Raleigh, NC 27603 | 919-733-5732