(Commissioner - Incumbent) Kevin Ensley

Haywood County NC Commissioner Voter Guide
Forum Member

(Commissioner - Incumbent) Kevin Ensley

Unread post by Forum Member »

Ensley won his seat in 2020.
Capture.JPG
Capture.JPG (35.09 KiB) Viewed 2014 times
Last edited by Forum Member on Thu Nov 09, 2023 7:52 am, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Member

Re: Kevin Ensley

Ensley may have a conflict of interest:
viewtopic.php?p=184&sid=c9d3df25326bf67 ... 1ab1b#p184
Forum Member

Re: Kevin Ensley

Well at least we know how and why Ensley performs the way that he does. This probably ends any debate about if Ensley understands his job or not. This is the perspective Ensley brings in his own words:

Regarding the homeless and needle exchange program:
I will not back down from my support from these programs because they try to help people and my Christianity will not allow it. So that's about as strong as I can say that...We're going to stand up for our economic director and our partnerships because they work and we know they work...
https://www.youtube.com/live/PGSCugCbvm ... are&t=3319
Ensley references his "Christianity" and biblical stories and lessons to justify his positions. Personally, I am a Christian that is a member of a conservative denomination. I could easily refute Ensley's biblical references with more biblical references. (With Google links because Ensley tells people to Google stuff when he wants to justify whatever he thinks.)
Proverbs 18:9
Whoever is slack in his work is a brother to him who destroys.
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=bible+slothful+man

2 Thessalonians 3:10
For even when we were with you, we would give you this command: If anyone is not willing to work, let him not eat.
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=2+Thessalonians+3%3A6-15

Luke 3:12-13
Tax collectors also came to be baptized and said to him, “Teacher, what shall we do?” And he said to them, “Collect no more than you are authorized to do.”
https://letmegooglethat.com/?q=Luke+3%3A12-13
So the evaluation on Ensley on his fitness to be an "elected representative" should be: Do you trust Ensley to use his specific interpretation of his faith to tax you and spend it on programs that he thinks are compatible with his version of Christianity? In his own words, he uses his interpretation of Christianity to justify the homeless problem and needle problem we have in Haywood County. And do you trust Ensley to make public policy (to include enabling homeless and needle exchange) that is good for Haywood County?

As a practicing Christian in good standing with my church, I would like a Christian to represent me in government. But our "system of government" should be separated from our churches. Charity is given -- not taken. Churches should help the needy as they like. Don't force the entire county to participate in Ensley's version of Christianity by taxing more than is authorized (to perform the basic function of the county's business). I mean Methodists focus on do-gooding and Baptists on repentance and judging right from wrong. The resulting public policies of those two faiths might be incompatible if one denomination wanted to enable and coddle a homeless meth addict while the other wanted to practice tough love. No matter what faith, the age-old question in every church is if morality is being defined (influenced) by the people or by God. That's not for government to decide -- and that includes the elected Chairman of the Haywood County Commissioners. Since Ensley openly brings his flavor of Christianity to the floor for consideration, then please consider it. Ensley is preaching continued enablement for the homeless and needle exchange from the Haywood County Commissioner Chairman seat.

It might be better if Ensley is elected as deacon in his church rather than elected representative of our county.

And just to not lose the other point made in Ensley's statement....
He stands by the hundreds of thousands of dollars given to Asheville in the name of "economic development".
viewtopic.php?t=171&sid=fb6720319b179e9 ... 3557446960