Earth nature field

Town of Waynesville Sponsors Cleanup/ Boston's "Methodone Mile"/ Presson's Questions for Health Dept.

Forum Member

Town of Waynesville Sponsors Cleanup/ Boston's "Methodone Mile"/ Presson's Questions for Health Dept.

Unread post by Forum Member »

The Town of Waynesville Sponsored a clean up of the property owned by Priscilla Tomlinson and Nancy Wade identified as parcel 8605-85-7492 on Saturday 12/17/22. Please See Attached the New Town of Waynesville Waiver Form.
We are extremely grateful for the WPD officers, Chief Adams, Peggy Hannah, Terry Ramey, Erich Overhultz, Lisa Overhultz, Dustin Smith, Johnny Morrow, Stephanie Sutton, Teresa Brothers and any and all of the Volunteers who helped clean up the large amounts of needles, tents, human waste, and hazardous debris located in the area between Waynesville Middle School Track (Death Valley) and the Dutch Fisher Ballfield (used for youth and middle school softball games).

The supporters of "enabling policies" such as Harm Reduction and Needle Exchanges, from the Smoky Mountain News, The Mountaineer,
Commissioners, or Aldermen should also be responsible for cleaning these sites up in the future, if these sites continue to plague our County. We hope Smoky Mountain News and The Mountaineer will do fair and balanced stories on this clean up and on all the clean ups, moving forward. That was not exactly the case back in May of 2021. Please see links below:

https://smokymountainnews.com/archives/ ... gal-action
https://www.themountaineer.com/news/hom ... 4df07.html

If Haywood County leaders don't change course soon, we could be headed for the same fate as Boston's "methodone mile". Please Study and Share:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=fYXAd4mrQ2Q (Newsmax Covers Harm Reduction, Needle Exchange, Crack Pipe Problems in Boston, MA)
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=1-aizmNX77U (Local Boston News Station covers how Harm Reduction programs created the "Methodone Mile")

Latest Vaccine Information: Please Study and Share:

Janet Presson RN, M.Ed has asked 7 basic questions to the Haywood County Health Department. Please See Below:

Subject: COVID Vaccine Info
Date: December 20, 2022 at 10:04:42 AM EST
To: cheryl.lindsey@haywoodcountync.gov

Hi Cheryl!

I know that our health department has been at the forefront of the Covid vaccine campaign since vaccines first became available for the virus. I have a few questions I hope you can help me with.

1. How many Covid vaccines have been given by our health department? Could I get this info broken down by brand (Moderna, Pfizer, etc.)?

2. Can I get recipients broken down by age groups?

3. Does your information show how many recipients have received just one vaccines, two, three, four, etc? If so, I’d be interested in that please.

4. Have we had any instances where a vaccine recipient has required medical care immediately following the administration of the vaccine?

5. Have you received any reports of vaccine injury or death for a vaccine given by the health department?

6. What is the process for reporting a vaccine injury or death following a vaccine given by the health department? Specifically, do you get notified or is the recipient or family informed how to report and where to report? Are they offered assistance with reporting?

7. I’d like copies of all info sheets/authorization forms, etc. given to Haywood County citizens when they arrive for a Covid vaccine. If there are different forms given to different age groups I’d like copies of each set.

I do understand that you may not have this information for vaccines given at local pharmacies and that it may be different from what you provide. I’m just interested in what our health department is doing and providing.

Thanks so much!

Janet Presson, R.N., M.Ed.
919-922-4625

Updated Speaker Schedule:
1/19 Julia Boyd Freeman (Town of Waynesville Mayor Pro Tem and Alderman)
1/26 Gary Caldwell (Town of Waynesville Mayor)
2/2 Tom Deweese (President of the American Policy Institute) (Author of the Activist Handbook)
2/9 Available