Earth nature field

Evaluating Candidates

Waynesville NC Municipal Alderman/Mayor Voter Guide
Forum Member

Evaluating Candidates

Unread post by Forum Member »

The voters of Waynesville hire and fire their Mayor and Aldermen. Therefore it is the performance reviews of ONLY the voters that counts. The local papers have their own bias and agendas that are well-known in the community so this is a voter-centric scorecard that can be used to counter or supplement the data presented by the local papers. As well, candidates and their supporters or campaigns are great at telling you what they might have done that they are proud of -- but rarely will speak about what they are not proud of.

But how should one rate elected representatives? Well, at least for the Aldermen, it might be suggested to use this job description to judge their performance against:
viewtopic.php?t=104&sid=6f0d4bd605f8791 ... 58e91fd6cd

It will be easier to judge an incumbent because they have shown how they will perform in the role. They won't be able to hide from their record and what they did or didn't do for the community that will be documented here to remind us of what we might have forgotten or didn't notice before. So this space (and the soon-to-be questionnaires we will ask) is even more important for considering someone new.
Forum Member

ID Needed to Vote in November Elections

Last edited by Forum Member on Fri Aug 11, 2023 6:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Forum Member

Re: Evaluating Candidates

Joey Reece has filed to run for Town of Waynesville Mayor! Help is on the way for the good people of Waynesville. Joey has stood with citizens against policy the current board has implemented over the past four years that has been harmful to our town, including fighting low barrier, no rules shelters, dirty infected discarded needles, and over 1000 unwanted apartments and condo's with citizens being unable to stop them due to this boards policy changes. Over and over again the current board and Mayor have tried to push an agenda that mirrors the City of Asheville, and Joey Reece has been front and center, fighting all the way to save our town. Born and raised here, Waynesville is his home and he can't stand by and watch as Asheville's policies destroy our amazing town. It's time to stand up and protect Waynesville for the future of it's citizens.

" I'm on the same plot of land that I was born on and I believe Waynesville is worth fighting for. It's about public safety. That's the straw that broke the camel's back. I think the public is pretty fed up with this stuff. Public safety and unfettered growth."

https://smokymountainnews.com/news/item ... n-of-reece
Forum Member

Re: Evaluating Candidates

In-kind contributions ($3,554.50) made for Smoky Mountain News ad which is placed in US Post Office which is against the law.

Probably can't blame the candidates for this problem.

https://cf.ncsbe.gov/CFOrgLkup/ReportDe ... 110&TP=REC

https://haywoodtp.net/pubII/231030NiceTry-smn.pdf