Earth nature field

(Withdrawn Candidate) Ronnie Call

Waynesville NC Municipal Alderman/Mayor Voter Guide
Forum Member

(Withdrawn Candidate) Ronnie Call

Unread post by Forum Member »

Last edited by Forum Member on Fri Jul 21, 2023 3:05 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Forum Member

Re: Ronnie Call

My name is Ronnie Call (Ronald James Call) and I’m running for Alderman in the Town of Waynesville because I believe I can bring new ideas and leadership to the way the Town of Waynesville is growing which will work in the best interest of the people and the welfare of the community in which we live. I am open-minded and able to work with the Mayor, fellow Aldermen, the town Manager and County Commissioners, to make decisions and solve problems to build a stronger Waynesville for generations to come. The Town of Waynesville employee’s deserve the best of opportunities, benefits and a competitive salary. I feel like I understand the needs and issues affecting our community, and I’m the best candidate for the job, because of my extensive work in the community with families and small businesses.

I moved to Haywood County in 1979 at the age of five with my father, a small town farm boy from Tennessee and my mother, a native of Haywood County. Hard work and a good education were instilled in me by my parents. I began working at the age of 14, with a workers permit, with the Job Training Partnership Act Summer Youth Employment Program, the Haywood Recycling, old Armory Recreation Center, and the Downtown Waynesville Association. I assisted in planting the trees that now line our beautiful historical sidewalks of Downtown Main Street. I continued working at different businesses in Waynesville with 35 years in the workforce of our community, 25 of those years as a small business owner/roofing contractor. I am ready to step up and work even harder for our community and the future of its citizens.
I have a history of serving my community, not only through my business, but currently as a professional singer/songwriter and entertainer, doing fundraisers for individuals in the community, and many community organizations, such as Shriners, Reach of Haywood County, the Women’s Auxiliary, VFW of Canton, Blue Hatter of Clyde, Relay for Life, Feeding the Multitudes, and Walk a Mile in Her Shoes, which is an opportunity for men to raise awareness about the cause and effect of men’s sexualized violence against women. I was awarded a community service award in 2009 by then Mayor Pat Smathers.

I am a 1993 Graduate of Tuscola High School, a husband to Kathy, father of two children and two grandchildren. I want Waynesville to be a place for children to grow up and live safe, happy lives.
I pledge to work for the people, to be their voice, while working towards good, common sense growth, while preserving Waynesville’s small town heritage. I feel the recruitment of news business will create new jobs now and for future generations to come, but I will also focus on the important issue of uncontrolled growth, the safety and welfare of the community and 100% support of law enforcement and emergency services. When elected I will put the interest of the people and the community first.
I ask for your vote in November for me, Ronnie Call, for Town of Waynesville Alderman!
Forum Member

Re: (Council Candidate) Ronnie Call

ATTENTION PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: Everyone, Ronnie Call here it's with a heavy heart and many nights of prayers, that I have decided to retract my self for candidate of City Council for the Town Of Waynesville, as most of you know I'm a country music performer award winning singer/songwriter and I've been pursuing my music career for almost 23 years, I finally got my big break I signed a contract with Pearse Meadia for my management and promotional team and soon I will be heading out on tour in a very short time, with that being said I would not be able to fulfill my duties representing the citizens of Waynesville, and Haywood County as a city council member if elected, so I've chosen to step down in hopes that the other candidate will stand tall and do their best to keep our small town, beautiful, safe, and a place where we can continue to raise our children, and our children's children for decades to come, music is financially where I need to be at this point in my life, I feel that I'm letting my community down but I know that their are others who are ready for the challenge as conservative Republicans to keep our path in the community focused on Family, Faith, & Freedom please support your local Republican candidates in this November's election the future of this beautiful small town is depending on your vote.

Thank you

Sincerely,
Ronnie Call