Earth nature field

Sheriff Wilke to Speak Thursday at 5:30/ Farmer, Don Smart, Speaks Against Proposed Greenway

Forum Member

Sheriff Wilke to Speak Thursday at 5:30/ Farmer, Don Smart, Speaks Against Proposed Greenway

Unread post by Forum Member »

Concerned Citizens of Haywood** Haywood County Sheriff, Bill Wilke, Speaking this Thursday (2/16) at The Buttered Biscuit** "Greenway" or "Needle-way" Coming to Haywood?** Chairman Ensley Responds to Comments and Criticism about Terry Ramey** Updated Speaker Schedule

REMINDER: Haywood County Sheriff, Bill Wilke, is speaking this Thursday (2/16) at 5:30 PM at The Buttered Biscuit, located at 1226 Dellwood Road Waynesville, NC.

We're excited to have Haywood County Sheriff, Bill Wilke, speaking to us this Thursday. Sheriff Wilke will be giving us an update on his first few months in office, and his thoughts on the status of Haywood County Crime, Harm Reduction Programs, Needle Exchanges, Needle Litter, Greenway becoming a "Needle-way", Etc.

Everyone should be aware of the Greenway Project that is under consideration in Waynesville and Haywood County. This proposed Greenway could become a Drug Dealer, Vagrant, Needle Litter, Corridor throughout the County. In many places it could bring the Vagrants and Addicts directly into your backyards. If Haywood County cannot get control of the Vagrant, Drug, Needle Litter Problem in Haywood County, this Greenway could become a disaster. Please listen to Don Smart (Farmer), at the 30:45 minute mark at the Commissioners Meeting on 2/6, and others speak about the devastating effects this proposed Greenway will have on rural Haywood County. Please listen, read, study, and share:

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=I73mRzq4Op8 (Don Smart Speaks at Commissioner's Meeting about the Proposed Greenway on 2/6/23)

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/track?ur ... p-discover (Map and Brochure of the Proposed Greenway for Haywood County)

Please find below Chairman Ensley's responses to public comments, e-mail comments, and criticism about how the Commissioner's blind-sided Commissioner Ramey, concerning his standing with the Tax Office. Start reading from the bottom-up.

Date: February 12, 2023 at 10:15:54 AM EST
To: Kevin Ensley <kevin.ensley@haywoodcountync.gov>
Cc: Jennifer Best <Jennifer.Best@haywoodcountync.gov>, "Brandon C. Rogers" <brandon.rogers@haywoodcountync.gov>, "Thomas A. Long" <Tommy.Long@haywoodcountync.gov>, Terry Ramey <terry.ramey@haywoodcountync.gov>, bkstegall@hotmail.com, vhyatt@themountaineer.com, cory@smokymountainnews.com
Subject: Re: Article in the Smoky Mountain News

That was before they heard the true story from the Mountaineer. You looked even worse in that article Kevin. In the Mountaineer article, you sent a clear message to the citizens. Unless you come from the right side of the tracks, and have plenty of money, like you and "the others' ', and have never had a late tax payment, or even a dispute with the tax office, don't run for county commissioner or we won't include you in our friends group. When citizens heard the "real story" without sensationalism, you can't find 100 people who think that was the right thing to do to a person. You just made Terry Ramey the most loved commissioner on the board and the only one who is conscionable enough to admit they wish they had known the facts before answering those questions, was Brandon Rogers. Jennifer failed to mention the entire e-mail message at the last commissioners meeting, that she received from Sebastian Cothran, before the questionnaire was sent to the Smoky Mountain News, that included the statement "Terry was on a payment plan in good standing", I referenced in my speech when she addressed me, She didn't make it clear to the public that Terry was delinquent but in GOOD STANDING, to belittle him again in public and call me out on not being factual in my speech. I make sure every word I speak in public is thoroughly researched and factual. We all would like to move past this and get down to real business.

On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 09:31:03 PM EST, Kevin Ensley <kevin.ensley@haywoodcountync.gov> wrote:

Our allegiance is to Haywood County. And we will answer relevant questions posed by the media. The commissioners and I have spoken to residents during work and in the community. Other than the few at Monday’s commission meeting, all comments (probably more than 100) have agreed with our position.

L. Kevin Ensley, PLS
PO Box 1401
428 Dellwood Road
Waynesville, NC 28786
(828) 456-6395

Psalms 91:3, 5-6 Surely He shall deliver you .... from the perilous pestilence. You shall not be afraid .... of the pestilence that walks in darkness.

On Feb 11, 2023, at 8:36 PM, SHERRY LEWIS <sherrylewis@bellsouth.net> wrote:

That shows where your allegiance is Kevin, if you believed lying Cory Vallaincourt at Smoky Mountain News about the threat story over Terry Ramey. Was this another thing you, and the others, kept from Terry Ramey or have you discussed this threat story with Terry. Cory has told so many lies I can't believe a word he says. He sensationalizes everything to sell papers. He did the same thing to all of you. The story turned and it made the four of you look like villains. If you wanted the public to come speak against Terry Ramey to get him ousted, that's not the way it turned out. You say there were so many people that have agreed with you? Where were the citizens you called upon to come speak out against Terry Ramey? I didn't see any. Here is the problem Kevin. You, and the others, should be including Terry Ramey in every single issue you're discussing. Terry is one of the county commissioners whether you and the others want to admit it or not.

On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 07:53:31 PM EST, Kevin Ensley <kevin.ensley@haywoodcountync.gov> wrote:

I didn’t have to verify the threats. If my memory is correct, the reporter called me and others when these were made but we couldn’t do anything about it. So they are factual. Our county delivers services mandated by the state and federal governments amounting to probably over 85% of our budget. Saying that elected officials should not threaten the media and promptly pay their taxes is not slander or bullying - it’s common sense. None of the commissioners have threatened the media - except Mr. Ramey. The commissioners have paid their property taxes promptly - except Mr. Ramey.

A good elected public servant answers media questions to the best of their ability. This is what a commissioner does that believes in transparent government. To ignore media requests and not answer is to condone the behavior in question. We didn’t do that.

None of us are angry, we just believe you should pay your bills. I was at my son’s baseball game about 15 years ago and a county resident was talking to me about public comment. He said for us to never get rid of it because they could see exactly what we must deal with from the public. I have always remembered that because he was right! So by all means please make your comments.

L. Kevin Ensley, PLS
PO Box 1401
428 Dellwood Road
Waynesville, NC 28786
(828) 456-6395

Psalms 91:3, 5-6 Surely He shall deliver you .... from the perilous pestilence. You shall not be afraid .... of the pestilence that walks in darkness.

On Feb 11, 2023, at 5:21 PM, SHERRY LEWIS <sherrylewis@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Kevin, I added Kay to this conversation because I'm hearing differently since everyone now knows Terry had past health issues which lead to financial difficulties while raising two children. His business was dissolved which led to a dispute with the tax office, and he was being charged with three mobile homes that belonged to his father. The dispute was settled, he set up a payment plan, made his first payment in September, and all of you knew Terry was in good standing on his taxes when you all slandered him to the Smoky Mountain News, and on top of that, Smoky Mountain News lied to you about some kind of threat he was supposed to have made. Did you verify what that threat might have been before you added that to your answers that went public in a false news story? When I see someone falsely bullied like you all have done to Terry Ramey, you better believe I get involved, just like I would do if any one of you were singled out by four other commissioners in a false public news story. The hallmark of defamation is reputational harm and all four of you certainly tried to do harm to Terry Ramey's reputation. I'll just continue to come to the Commissioners meetings and speak the truth. Your e-mail sounded like you wanted to start bullying me Kevin. Why are you so angry and why do you dislike Terry Ramey to the point of slander? Do you have a problem with the citizens who spoke Monday night? What county mandated services were we discussing in this e-mail?

On Saturday, February 11, 2023 at 03:30:52 PM EST, Kevin Ensley <kevin.ensley@haywoodcountync.gov> wrote:

Ms. Lewis,

I really don’t understand your continuous infatuation with this issue. A reporter ask us to comment on unpaid taxes by an elected official as well as an elected member threatening the media. Our answers were, we believe you should not threaten the newspapers and an elected commissioner should pay their taxes promptly. There is no apology needed.

My experience with our county citizens indicate they agree. I’ve had numerous conversations over the past few months and all have stated they believe as we do. In fact, you and those at our Monday meeting are the only people I’ve heard from that it’s OK. You have every right to comment on Ramey’s tax burdens. But I think the commissioners will continue to do the work of making our county a great place to live and deliver county mandated services in an efficient manner.

L. Kevin Ensley, PLS
PO Box 1401
428 Dellwood Road
Waynesville, NC 28786
(828) 456-6395

On Feb 11, 2023, at 10:50 AM, SHERRY LEWIS <sherrylewis@bellsouth.net> wrote:

Jennifer, After reading what all of you got from Sebastian Cothran, I'm totally shocked you even replied to Cory Vaillancourt of the Smoky Mountain News at all. The only response you could have given is, Terry Ramey is on a payment plan and he is in GOOD STANDING with the Haywood County Tax Department. Over 100 people are on payment plans and are in good standing with the Haywood County Tax Department, and when last years bills come out in the paper, there will be hundreds more. You never mentioned Terry Ramey's name has never been in the paper because this $2000.00 payment plan is on personal property, not real property. For example, untagged cars and equipment used in a business or trailers, would be personal property. What do you have against Terry Ramey that you would say in a County Commissioner meeting, you weren't going to mention what you got in an an e-mail from the tax office, but the letter stated he was still delinquent. You had a chance right there to apologize to Terry publicly...all of you did, but you decided to make it sound like it was all justified. Now I'll have to come back to the next Commissioners Meeting and clarify what the e-mail actually said, and all of you knew, Terry was in good standing with the tax office before you slandered him with all of those mean comments. You also never mentioned he made his first payment in September of last year. If all of you thought this would be a great way to get rid of Terry Ramey, you were wrong and it's not going away without an apology.

On Jan 12, 2023, at 8:11 AM, Sebastian Cothran <Sebastian.Cothran@haywoodcountync.gov> wrote:

Yes, technically bills are still considered delinquent after a payment plan has been signed. So, yes Mr. Ramey is delinquent, however he has a payment plan and is good standing with our office.

Sebastian Cothran
Haywood County Tax Collector
828-452-6643

Updated Speaker Schedule:

2/16 Bill Wilke (Haywood County Sheriff)
2/23 Dr. Jessica Peotross, MD (MD Punished by State of CA for too many Vaccine Medical Exemptions)
3/2 Hal Weatherman (Candidate for Lt. Governor of North Carolina)
3/9 Doyle Justice (Retired Professor from HCC and Covid Vaccine Injury Survivor)

We're looking forward to hearing from Sheriff Wilke this Thursday! Please bring questions, and invite a Friend!