Earth nature field

Must Read! If Your Children Play At Dutch Fisher Field In Hazelwood! Danger! Used Needles and Vagrants!

Including intentional omission of stories
Forum Member

Must Read! If Your Children Play At Dutch Fisher Field In Hazelwood! Danger! Used Needles and Vagrants!

Unread post by Forum Member »

Posted below is a warning from a concerned citizen. She addresses the crisis we're having with transient vagrant's and drug addicts littering the ground with used syringes and needles. She also addresses the crisis we're having with Judge Letts Pre-trial, No Bail Release Program, which has increased our crime and made us less safe in Haywood County. The liberal Aldermen in the Town of Waynesville need to be replaced and Judge Letts needs to go! Protect our town for the sake of our children!

IF YOUR CHILDREN PLAY SOFTBALL AT DUTCH FISHER FIELD IN HAZLEWOOD: BEWARE!!! Apparently this season the Waynesville Parks and Recreation Center is leaving the field bathrooms open 24/7. The first week of practice I found 2 needle holes in the men's bathroom toilet paper role with blood on it. The covered pavilion was littered with food, trash and cigarette butts. There has been poop and needles found in the girls dugout! Yesterday I showed up to practice early (5:00 PM) with my daughter for some extra practice. When we got there there were 2 individuals sitting at the outside picnic tables. The man had his shirt off slinging his arms around erratically at the women. They had a baby stroller full of stuff. (not a baby). He was hitting the stroller and acting out of his mind. My daughter and I didn't feel safe being the only ones there, so I called the police to come check it out. They were very nice and responsive and were there within 5-7 min. After talking with the people the women left walking one direction and the man in the other. The police left, within minutes were back and arrested him. By the end of practice the man was back again walking into the woods. This season has been by far the worse for solicitors to be there. This is our KIDS park! We shouldn't have to clean the bathrooms, picnic tables or walk the area to make sure our KIDS are safe from NEEDLES AND POOP! WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO CALL THE POLICE BEFORE EVERY PRACTICE! WE SHOULD NOT HAVE TO EXPLAIN TO OUR KIDS WHY THEY ARE NOT SAFE AT THE ONLY SOFTBALL FIELD WE HAVE TO PLAY AT! PLEASE CONTACT THE DIRECTOR AT THE RECREATION CENTER AND EXPRESS YOUR CONCERNS! Apparently new pickle ball courts and other things are more import than our kids safety! Leaving these bathroom open are allowing people to come in and take over our field! This is unacceptable! The coaches are doing all they can! Any other season the coaches have had the keys, unlocked it when we got there, and locked when we leave! Nothing good goes on at that field between 9 pm and 5:00! Help give us back our town! I'm so sad for our kids!